Boost customer productivity through in-time selection of optimal product – enabled by a cloud based solution
The goal was to create perfect tool recommendation engine for manufacturing of metal parts based on complex customer needs. Recommending a tool means simulating behavior of each applicable tool and finding optimal parameters according to consumer’s manufacturing process limitations. The engine would reduce analysis and planning time, find most efficient tools and help optimize manufacturing costs.
The main technical objectives for IPS were to design, implement and support completely new industry solution. It covers following requirements:
- Scalable and adaptable architecture for continuous platform evolution
- Easy to use online web application that is global, fast and highly avialable
- Support constantly changing product catalog with new tools promoted
- Support rapid engine updates due to regular product improvements and constant innovation of manufacturing methods
- Support for different consumer scenarios
- Web application with responsive user interface
- Two different customers’ brands with multiple languages and unit systems to be supported
- Offline version for local or intranet deployment
- Comprehensive REST API, allowing partners to seamlessly access product recommendations
The solution is used as recommendation master for our client, enabling them to achieve:
- Competitive Superiority: Our solution empowered end users with the industry’s most precise product recommendations, setting our client apart from competitors.
- Enhanced Productivity & Cost-Efficiency: By offering the most efficient or most productive tool options, the end users’ experiences heightened productivity or substantial savings.
- Future-Ready Flexibility: Modular architecture allows rapid upgrades and new features resulting in faster time to market.
IPS provided expert consulting, analytical and architectural work, solution design and development, graphic design, operation and maintenance.
IPS has implemented following technology stack troughout the project on behalf of the customer.
- .NET 6 and C#, ASP.NET
- Angular 12, HTML5 & CSS
- Entity Framework
- SOA, Web API, HTTP REST
- Azure AD B2C
- Azure DevOps, Git, PowerShell
- Microsoft Azure, Windows